Ultherapy Fights the Effects of Aging on the Skin
Non-surgical cosmetic treatments are gaining popularity, as they are not only effective but also safe. One such treatment for the skin is Ultherapy. This treatment is akin to a facelift but without any scalpels or incisions. It was approved by the FDA in 2009 to be used on certain body areas. The treatment is used to remove wrinkles and tighten skin in the chest area, the brow area, and the neck and chin.
What Is Ultherapy
Ultherapy is an ultrasound treatment that is non-invasive and used for imparting a youthful appearance to the skin. It is the only treatment of its kind that can be used for a non-surgical facelift. The treatment utilizes ultrasound imagery, which allows practitioners to better target the tissues.
Ultherapy targets tissues underneath the skin with ultrasound energy, which helps regenerate collagen. Collagen makes the skin firmer, more youthful, and free of age lines.
The treatment begins with a cleanup of the targeted sites and an application of ultrasound gel. The Ultherapy device is then used on the target area. You can feel heat during this, but there is typically no pain; some may feel a slight discomfort. Your practitioner may offer you pain relievers if you require them.
Ultherapy treatments can be half-hour sessions but can also last longer when needed. It all depends on individual requirements.
No special preparations are required for the treatment. Your practitioner will discuss with you what to expect during and after the treatment.
Finer Points of the Ultherapy Treatment
Ultherapy is an excellent treatment for addressing problems of sagging and wrinkling skin.
• Ultherapy treatment is simple yet effective. The results are noticeable soon after the first session. You will be able to see visible improvements that will continue to occur over the next two to three months after the treatment.
• The results from Ultherapy are long-lasting. Ultherapy essentially stimulates the process of new collagen production. Collagen is a protein that keeps skin elastic and youthful. With new collagen production, you can expect improvements in your skin texture that develop over time. Future touch-up sessions can be arranged as needed.
• Ultherapy requires no recovery period, so you can continue with your daily routine immediately after your treatment session.
• Often people require only one treatment session. The skin’s appearance begins to improve after the initial session. Some people may require additional sessions depending on the condition of their skin.
• Ultherapy has no serious side effects. You may experience some redness immediately after the sessions, but this will only be temporary. Similarly, any tenderness or tingling you may experience will also subside soon.
Ultherapy is an excellent alternative to surgical or complicated anti-aging skin treatments.
Interested in Learning More?
At Pūr Skin Clinic, we provide a wide range of skin treatments that can rejuvenate and enhance your appearance. If you’ve been feeling unhappy about sagging skin and wrinkles but want to avoid going under the knife, Ultherapy may be perfect for you. Contact us today to arrange your consultation.