Dr. Alexander Sobel, Medical Director
Dr. Sobel is an award-winning, triple board certified surgeon in general cosmetic surgery, cosmetic facial surgery, and Otolaryngology who has performed thousands of cosmetic procedures. Dr. Sobel is the recipient of the William K. Miles, M.D. Award—given to the physician with the best score on the written cosmetic surgery board certification exam—and now serves as President of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
Most recently, Dr. Sobel was voted as a Seattle-area Top Doctor in the Seattle Met’s 2018 Top Doctor awards. Dr. Sobel was nominated by his peers in the medical community based on his demonstrated excellence in his surgical skill, his dedication to patient safety and satisfaction, and his caring, personable approach.
Dr. Sobel is proficient in all areas of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, though he has particular interest in breast and body procedures, such as breast augmentation or body contouring, and cosmetic facial rejuvenation through rhinoplasty, eyelid lift, and facelift procedures.
Dr. Sobel’s Cosmetic Surgery Experience
A Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Sobel has trained several other surgeons in the art of cosmetic surgery.
As a panelist in national academy meetings, Dr. Sobel has lectured on a variety of topics, including facial plastic surgery and breast augmentation.
Dr. Sobel has also published research on the intraoral technique of injectable fillers and autologous fat grafting (also known as fat transfer). This filler method reduces bruising and inflammation, leaves no injection marks, and increases patient comfort after the procedure.
Seattle is home to Dr. Sobel’s thriving practice, however he has been recognized by a number of national groups. He holds membership in and/or accreditation by the following professional medical organizations:
- Board Certified: American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Board Certified: American Osteopathic Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Board Certified: American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Physician & Surgeon, State of Washington
- President, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Past-President, American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Submission Reviewer, American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomate, Examiner, and Trustee, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association