The frigid winter months have arrived to the Pacific Northwest and there is no better time to complete your laser treatments! Most lasers require you to abstain from sun exposure for some time before and after your treatment, so during these gloomy months it is the perfect time for you keep up with your laser maintenance or try a new laser for the first time. Below you will find some laser treatment options for particular skin care concerns that are great to take advantage of during the winter.
Concern: Discoloration and Redness
- A popular treatment for pigmentation issues including brown sun spots, redness, and broken capillaries is the Intense Pulse Light Laser (IPL) or also known as a Photofacial. IPL targets pigment creating cells, such as melanin for brown or hemoglobin for red, lifting this pigment to the outer layer of the skin. Once this pigment lifts to the superficial skin, resembling what looks like “coffee grounds,” this pigment will slough off leaving your complexion looking blended and refreshed. IPL is a great treatment to do in the winter months since sun exposure can make your skin become more sensitive to this treatment. Patients are advised to wear a medical grade sunscreen everyday, even when it is cloudy, when completing their IPL series.
• Get 15% Off a Series Package of 3
• Get 20% Off A Series Package of 5
• Good for laser resurfacing, laser hair reduction, fractionated laser, IPL/Photofacial and Clear + Brilliant
Concern: Texture and Fine lines
- If the texture of your skin is your main concern, our Fractional non-ablative laser would be a great option for you. This laser are designed to dramatically improve skin texture and tone, including the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars and surgical scars without significant downtime. It is best for patients with moderate-severe texture issues including deep wrinkles, crepey skin, pitted acne scars, sun damaged skin, or those looking for anti-aging options that promote collagen simulation. A “social downtime” of 3-5 days of red, mildly puffy skin comparable to a moderate sunburn can be expected after each treatment. The Fractional laser will leave your skin looking and feeling smoother with noticeable improvement of your fine lines and wrinkles! It is also great for prevention because it is never too late to start building collagen.
- If you are looking to erase years of sun damage and collagen breakdown and your schedule allows for a longer downtime, our Ablative Resurfacing Laser might be right for you. Unlike our Fractional laser which requires a series of 3-5 treatments with improvements in your skin tone building over time, our Ablative laser requires just 1 treatment offering dramatic results after a 1-2 week recovery time. Most patients’ appearance will continue to improve for months after this more aggressive laser therapy.
- Our Clear and Brilliant Laser will help you recover the glow, luminosity and smoothness of your skin. This unique laser not only address unwanted signs of aging, but gives you the power to help prevent them. Rule of thumb: what you do in your 20s and 30s will affect how you look in your 40s, 50s and beyond! It offers improvements in skin texture, firmness, elasticity, fine lines, uneven tone and pore size for those with minimal sun damage. Clear and Brilliant can effectively reach the deeper dermal layer of the skin and accomplishes more than other superficial treatments such as facials, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion.
Concern: Unwanted Dark Hair
- There is no better time to get summer ready by completing your laser hair reduction treatments than now! Laser hair reduction is a very safe and effective way to permanently reduce hair growth of underarms, bikini, legs, lower face, backs and many other areas. We recently upgraded to the Vectus Hair Reduction Laser that is approved to treat unwanted hair for people of all skin types. The Vectus laser is designed with sapphire tips that shed their heat quickly and apply focused light only at the roots of the hair while leaving skin cool. An advanced cooling system means a more comfortable, skin-friendly session.
As the face and skin ages over time, it changes in several ways simultaneously. Therefore, a combination approach is the best way to ensure amazing results! We often combine different laser therapies with injectable treatments and skin care to guarantee we are targeting your concern from a multi-dimensional approach.
Interested in learning more about our laser treatments? Contact PUR to schedule your consultation today!