2940 Fractional Ablative Laser at Pur Skin Clinic
Years of sun exposure, wear and tear, and the gradual loss of skin elasticity will likely result in the development of wrinkles, age spots, and dullness of the skin. Before you count your skin out and deem your skin care goals as unrealistic or never going to happen, the experts at Pur Skin Clinic are here to help! We have a wide variety of laser treatments that can reinvigorate and rejuvenate worn and tired-looking skin! Our all-in-one, age-reversing laser is our 2940 Fractional Ablative Laser. Ablative resurfacing therapy provides dramatic results to both the surface of the skin, as well as deep in the dermis. This type of laser removes old skin cells damaged by wrinkles or brown spots, replacing them with fresh, brand new, healthy skin.
Laser resurfacing uses highly concentrated microscopic beams of laser energy to remove targeted amounts of sun-damaged skin in a precise fashion. There are many different types of laser resurfacing options with varying degrees of strength and results. Our 2940 Fractional Ablative Laser is our most impactful laser at Pur Skin Clinic when it comes to treating aging and sun damage. It is ideal for the patient that has moderate to severe wrinkles and hyperpigmentation and is amenable to 1-2 weeks of downtime. However, the results are dramatic! Patients can expect smoother, tighter skin 2-4 weeks post-treatment.
Here is a detailed timeline of what you can expect in terms of recovery from our 2940 Fractional Ablative Laser:
Fractional Ablative Laser Treatment & Recovery Timeline
Before Laser Resurfacing Treatment
- Our medical providers conduct a thorough assessment to choose the right candidate.
- Pre-treatment with antibiotics and antiviral medication
- Patient instructed to avoid sun exposure, tanning products, retinols, chemical peels
- Photos are taken to track progress
- You will be supplied with a post-2940 laser kit that will include all products needed for recovery.
During Fractional Ablative Laser Treatment
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel warm and appear red and puffy
- Cool compresses can be used to ease comfort
1-14 Days after Treatment
- Scabbing and crusting over the treated areas
- While the skin is peeling, keep the treated areas moisturized with healing ointment several times a day for 5 to 7 days following the procedure
- New skin forms after 1-2 weeks
- The patient can return to work after 1 week and begin wearing light makeup
2-3 Weeks After Treatment and Beyond
- Skin will be pink for several months
- Avoid sun exposure whenever possible
Results of Ablative Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Once healed, the results are dramatic – smoother, tighter, younger-looking skin
- Overall improvement in the skin is 50-75%. Areas improved include wrinkles, skin texture, skin discoloration and sunspots.
- Results typically last years and can be maintained with a medical-grade skin care regimen.
We completed a 2940 Fractional Ablative Laser treatment for face and neck on our model Raina. Please refer to her photos to see her before, after, and day by day progression photos.