Draw out your skin’s own rejuvenating power with the Micropen Treatment — our way of giving nature a nudge…
The Eclipse Micropen™ treatment provides a natural approach to achieving fresher, more youthful, and radiant skin by harnessing the skin’s ability to self-repair. A handheld device with 12 tiny needles creates tiny micro-injuries in the skin; the body responds by creating new elastin and collagen, thereby rejuvenating the overall look and feel of your complexion.
Micropen is a gentler anti-aging therapy than other forms of skin resurfacing with minimal downtime.
The Pūr Skin Clinic Difference:
- We are proud to be one of the few cosmetic dermatology offices in the greater Seattle area to offer the anti-aging Eclipse Micropen™ treatment.
- Pūr Skin strives to offer the safest, most cutting-edge treatments in the industry, which is why our providers (who have tracked improvements in micro-needling as it surged in popularity), specifically chose the Eclipse Miropen™ to bring to Pūr. Simply put, it offers patients the most comfort with minimal risk of stretching the skin, a frequent concern with other micro-needling treatments.
- The Eclipse Micropen™ enables our providers to administer treatment with accuracy and precise, customizable depth; and that means the most consistent results ever.
Is Micro-needling right for you?
Answer “yes” to any of these questions, and the Eclipse Micropen™ could be the perfect choice to help improve the appearance and health of your skin.
- When it comes to anti-aging treatments, is it important to you to have a natural approach that focuses on your skin’s own ability to renew itself?
- Do you wish there were a gentler, non-ablative, and laser-free way to deal with skin resurfacing?
- Are you looking for a natural treatment option that will address multiple skin concerns at once — such as uneven skin tone, enlarged pores, or acne scars?
- Would you like to treat fine lines and wrinkles without the use of injectables, such as dermal fillers or BOTOX®?
- Are lasers a non-option because you have a darker skin tone?
The Eclipse Micropen™ …how it works:
Micropen treatment uses 12 tiny needles to create precisely targeted micro-injuries in the skin, which then trigger the body’s wound-healing response and the creation of new collagen. The depth of these micro-injuries has been meticulously calculated to avoid the formation of new scar tissue. To accelerate and support this healing and repair process, and to stimulate thorough skin rejuvenation, we apply a variety of different serums to the treatment area immediately after the Micropen treatment, resulting in deeper product penetration. You’ll also find that your at-home skincare regimen becomes more effective as well.
What types of conditions does the Eclipse Micropen treat?
A variety of skin problems can be addressed using the Eclipse Micropen™:
- Acne scarring
- Trauma or surgical scars
- Discoloration and signs of aging caused by sun exposure
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Inconsistent skin color, tone, and texture
- Enlarged pores and broken capillaries
What types of serums do you use on the skin with the Eclipse Micropen™?
At Pūr Skin Clinic, we offer 3 types of serums to use topically on the skin during the Eclipse Micropen™ treatment.
- Hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in the body, plumps the skin, delivers hydration, and stimulates collagen regeneration.
- Growth Factors (GF) Growth factors are naturally occurring proteins that harness the power of the body’s stem cells, stimulating them to become new collagen, making your skin look and feel smoother and younger.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is collected from the patient’s own blood and reinjected into the skin tissue via micro-channels during the Micropen procedure. It’s the most beneficial serum, since it stimulates growth of your own collagen and results in total facial rejuvenation, rather than individual wrinkle improvement.
Who is a candidate for Eclipse Micropen™ treatment?
Eclipse Micropen™ can be used to treat all types of skin, and addresses a wide range of problems. One of our medical providers will evaluate you to see if you’re an appropriate candidate at the time of your consultation.
How many treatments will I need?
Your provider, based on your individual treatment goals and the current condition of your skin, will determine
The number of treatments required. However, for best results, most patients receive a series of 3 – 5 treatments, spaced about 4 – 6 weeks apart.
What does the treatment feel like?
It feels similar to light sandpaper being moved across the skin. Some areas are more sensitive than others, but the speed of the tip along with the applied serum reduces discomfort. Pūr Skin Clinic uses a topical anesthetic to make the treatment very tolerable.
Who performs this treatment?
The treatments will be performed by Pūr Skin Clinic’s medical providers or our Master Medical Esthetician in conjunction with your provider.
How soon do you see results?
Results can be seen over the course of several days to several weeks after treatment. Skin will be noticeably smoother and more radiant within a week or two. Improvement can continue for up to 6 months after treatment as collagen production continues.
What can I expect after the treatment?
Immediately after treatment, skin will be slightly red and flushed, not unlike a moderate sunburn. In the days that follow, patients will experience dryness, tightness, and slight redness. Within the course of a week, the skin will heal and continue to improve by producing collagen.